Thursday, July 9, 2020

Too few to mention (Frank Sinatra)


Wie geht's?

Regrets? This was a recent topic of conversation in the purdmobile.

For me, regrets are a wasted thought and I'm with Frank - I guess I've had a few but then again, too few to mention.

Looking back on some photos of a visit with Jacky to see Brian in Waiheke, I do regret not being able to revisit him there (he sold up to return to live in New Plymouth a few years ago).

An island paradise accessible by a 40 minute ferry ride from Auckland, Waiheke is a magic little piece of New Zealand. 

First time I went there was back in the nineties leading a school trip from MAGS. I was stunned to discover roads and cars! It even had shops!

Then Brian moved there and we'd love visiting the island quite regularly. 

Son-in-law and Minister of defence






Now we see him and the other wonderful outlaws (hi MaBelle) when we visit New Plymouth, and New Plymouth has its charms but it's not in the same league as Waiheke as a getaway. 

Sorry. Just sayin'.

Love and peace - the son-in-law

No comments: