Thursday, July 30, 2020

Holy morning, bless oh yes, with streams of sunshine falling (The Rumour)



Wie geht's?

Pictured above (in terrible quality beause of poor light, sorry) is some of my haul from my visit to a record fair in Palmerston North last weekend.

Record fairs are weird things - in this case a bowling clubhouse had been hired, and halved in size, bizarrely, so that 100 people were compressed in a small space flicking through 50 record bins with their elbows pinned to their sides.

I had to wait my turn to join in - and then I was into it! 

It's fun chatting with the stall holders about records. 

And, yes, I still represent the demographic for this kind of thing - men of my age and ethnic persuasion, but there were women and younger record browsers there as well (more that the last time I visited a record fair).

So, to the records. My aussie mate Noel said they were 'a mixed lot' and he's not wrong. 

The Rumour album from 1972 is the pick of the bunch. It's great to hear ambient record noise during favourites like Holy Morning, L'Amour and Garden Of Your Smile. Best of all is the brilliant version of Our House. BTW I can also recommend their 2009 CD compilation - The Rumour Collection (although it doesn't include Our House for some strange reason).

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: