Wednesday, November 18, 2020

How can I walk with this ball and chain? How can I land in this hurricane? Or is this part of man's evolution to be torn between truth and illusion? (The Band)

Photo by Michael Dziedzic on Unsplash

Wie geht's?

School stuff has been front and centre of Wozza's World these last two weeks (yes - it's Wozza's World - you just live in it).

"Why is that exactly?", I hear you ask politely.

Well the Education Review Office (ERO) has come a-calling to my two campuses during these last two weeks.

Being inspected can be a testing time for staff (students don't really give a monkeys).

During a visit, part of me wants to show off the great places where I work, highlight the excellent staff I have the privilege to work alongside, celebrate everything that makes our campuses great ones, but part of me is also a tad hesitant in case they don't quite get us, or else a tad worried they'll think we're big 'eads.

The use of different reviewers has meant that the ERO checklist of compliance issues wasn't directly used at Gisborne, but certainly has been at Hastings.

In both cases I have wondered whether I haven't said enough or else have said too much.

I'm great at second guessing myself as I pootle homeward in the Purdmobile; I shouldn't have said 'x', or, I wish I had said 'y'. I hear myself rewording things in a much better way - I know I'm not alone in experiencing this semi-tortured state.

The reviewers are probably not giving anything I've said a second thought. But then again, maybe they are.

Ah well. What are you gonna do? It's done and dusted. It's in the books.

As I said to someone today: don't sweat the small stuff. And it's all small stuff.

Love and peace - Wozza

P.S. To answer Robbie Robertson's final question in the heading (from Forbidden Fruit on The Band's great Northern Lights-Southern Cross album)...yes.

No comments: