Monday, November 23, 2020

Ooh, when it gets through to me, it's always new to me - my double vision gets the best of me (Foreigner)

Photo by Camila Quintero Franco on Unsplash

Wie geht's?

Me? Well, last weekend was a write off.

The first sign I'm getting a migraine used to be tingling fingers, then my vision altering by jagged lines and then a blazing all consuming headache hitting and pounding away for 24 hours.

Saturday's one was different - started with the jagged lines and changed vision, but after I took Jacky's migraine medication and retreated to a dark room to wait it out, the headache didn't cripple me as before. Now it's just a dull ache above my affected eye (or eyes as was the case on Saturday because for the first time ever my vision was affected twice - first my right eye, then, two hours later, the other one).

The two days afterwards haven't changed though - two days of lingering aftermath that Jacky and I know as 'eggshells'. 

Fellow migraine sufferers know the drill.

My triggers have remained the same over the years - some dehydration, lack of sleep, and some stress. Mix those three together and hey presto.

Unfortunately that was the recipe for Thursday and Friday last week.

My father used to say that only intelligent people get migraines. Now that could have been a bald-faced lie given to lessen the blow to a teenage me but it always made me feel slightly better.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: