Tuesday, June 22, 2021

I'll just sit tight through shadows of the night - let it ring forevermore (Electric Light Orchestra)

Photo by NoWah Bartscher on Unsplash

Wie geht's?

Recently I changed  to a new mobile phone and woah Nelly - is that process a pain and a half or what???

My new phone is provided as part of my job (I returned from the UK 3 years ago with a phone that, until now, I figured I'd hang onto because of the trauma involved in changing it).

Jacky now has my old phone as she dropped hers in the toilet (a common occurrence I believe - people doing that...Jacky's only done it once - smiley face).

Swapping the SIM was okay and the swapping of data also a reasonably straight forward process once I'd figured out how to use Samsung's Smart Switch.

But then the hassle happens as it's a case of remembering passwords for various apps and in some cases, like Whatsapp, starting again.

The big trial was reserved for transferring to WeChat. Unfortunately it's a crucial link for the family as it's the only social media app that Keegan can use in China and therefore it's the only way to unite our family as far as instant group communication goes.

Luckily Keegan is a patient person because it took 90 zoom minutes to figure things out. Having messages appear in Chinese was decidedly unhelpful but we got there (well Keegan got there - I was poised ready to throw the phone at the wall a number of times).

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: