Sunday, September 17, 2023

Maybe down in Lonesome Town I can learn to forget (Ricky Nelson)

Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash


Wie geht's?

Me? You find me unwell. Sore throat, runny nose unwell. Two days and a half off work unwell. I've taken three covid tests and it's not covid but it sure feels like the first time I had it - febrile, sore throat, runny nose, no energy.

Full disclosure: I am not a good patient. I go downhill and take a while to bounce back.

There's something about being sick at home that takes me back to childhood. You're not really supposed to get sick when you're an adult, it feels surreal being off work. But when you're a kid it goes with the territory. And it happens a lot.

I especially hate sore throats. I hate that feeling of knowing it's going to be painful the next time I swallow. Yes, when unwell, I'm basically a baby.

The only advantage I can think off is having naps in the middle of the day and reading books (as a kid it was comics - I haven't changed much).

During the current bout I've finished two and started three more.

So, there's that.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: