Monday, July 22, 2024

Well the names have all changed since you hung around, but those dreams have remained and they've turned around (John Sebastian)




Wie geht's?

This week has been about being back in the busy world of schools. There's something very comforting about being back in a classroom, and especially about being around former colleagues again. There were many welcome back messages and one 'welcome home'.

The classroom (especially at Woodford House) does feel very much like home, which is obvious and surprising. I've been a teacher for many years and getting that buzz of teaching and being around warm and receptive students again has been very refreshing. The surprise element comes from being immediately accepted by the students - no guarded conversations - either in the staff room or the classroom.

It's my natural element in many ways. I'm sure there will be down days when the bear eats me but for this week, I'll take the wins.

Love and peace - Mr P

No comments: