Thursday, October 2, 2014

That some achieve great success is proof to all that others can achieve it as well (Abraham Lincoln)

The Rocktober quote by honest Abe apparently came about after he failed to achieve an A+ grade for an essay at school and he was trying to convince his teacher otherwise.

He was really cheesed off because he'd heard that another student in a different class was given an A+.

History doesn't record how successful he was in swaying the teacher's opinion.

But I bet he crashed and burned.

Why is it people (and yes I mean teachers) are so reluctant to give 10/10, A+, Excellence 8 grades?

I hate that!!

I was watching an episode of Escape To The Country recently - the home hunter gave a property an 8/10, saying that she never gave 10. Yep - she was a retired teacher.

To me, if it's a 10 point scale or a D- to A+ scale or a Not Achieved 0 to Excellence 8, then use the blimmin' whole scale!! Sorry fer the language but it really gets my dander up.

Here's my favourite perfect scores (great success):

  • Arsenal F.C.'s 2003-2004 season (the Invincibles)
  • The Beatles' Revolver
  • Seinfeld Season 1 to Season 9
  • Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert Pirsig
  • The Four Seasons by Vivaldi
  • Bananas by Woody Allen
  • William Wordsworth's Prelude
  • Rory Gallagher's July 1, 1980 concert at the Auckland Town Hall
  • William Goldman's screenplay for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
  • John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band's album of the same name

I could go on.

Have a great Rocktober!

Love and peace - Wozza





No comments: