Sunday, May 27, 2018

I want to rock your gypsy soul, just like way back in the days of old, then magnificently we will float into the mystic (Van Morrison)

Photo by Kirill Bubochkin on Unsplash
Wie geht's?

What is it about me that I love shedding a skin from time to time?

And what's with all this moving (and shaking) dude?

Gypsy blood (as my closest mates have suggested)?

Was I born a travellin' man (tryin' to make a living and doin' the best I can)?

Is it wanderlust? A restless itch that needs a scratch?

I don't know - it's a puzzler.

It's not genetic, I do know that. My parents stayed in two houses (both in a similar part of one town) all their married life.

Our current move is inspired by a few things: SWMBO's unhappiness with her job and where we live (we needed another paddock so we've had the house up for sale for a while); my love, okay, obsession with English culture; the fact I can transfer within the parent organisation; James Whatley's advice - don't move away from stuff, move towards stuff; and a big part of that is moving to be closer to my family in Bury. 

I think it comes down to few essentials.

One's a belief - that I want to (always) live my life close to the bone and the other's a fact - the world is a whole lot smaller than when my parents were about.

The global village that Marshall McLuhan wrote about is well and truly here. The school I belong to is called OneSchool Global and it has campuses throughout the world: Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, the Carribean, Europe, America and the UK.

It looks the same (uniform, colour schemes) and feels the same (ethos and vision), so I'll be among friends when I take up my new post as Head Teacher of OneSchool Kenley in Surrey, England, later in the year.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: