Tuesday, July 21, 2020

The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget (Homas Szasz)


Wie geht's?

Back in October 2010, on a lovely spring day in Taranaki, Jacky decided we should have a picnic for my birthday. So we did.

It was a lovely, magic moment after what had turned into a fairly bleak year for me in Stratford in 2009. At the time, we were back from Qatar, and about to head off to the UAE in a month's time. I'm still sporting my Qatar hair cut in the photos.
 
Jade and Samantha were with us for the picnic. Although both were at University in NZ, I don't remember how come the four of us were suddenly together again. But it came to pass. And it was, as I say, a lovely magic moment. 











Love and peace - WNP

P.S. The quote in the title? This was the quote of the day selection on my phone this morning. Very appropriate it was too, as I aim for wisdom whenever there is a painful lesson to be learned. It's tough, but, I'm with Homas.

No comments: