Wednesday, July 6, 2022

July - like a firecracker, I'm aglow (Neil Sedaka)

Photo by Behnam Norouzi
on Unsplash

Wie geht's?

A former colleague suggested these six questions to check in to see how you're going at the halfway point of the year (A.K.A. pulse taking). Thanks, Mandy.

Here they are (plus my answers):

  1. What are you most proud of over the last 6 months? Gaining a promotion at my stage of life was a big lift and so I'm proud of myself for following through. I continue to be immensely proud of Jacky and our children - forging a path through challenging times.
  2. Who did you enjoy spending time with so far this year, and why? Same answer as every year really - Jacky and the people I am privileged to work with at school.
  3. What didn't go so well in the last 6 months? Until yesterday I would have said - nothing important stands out. Up to then I would have said that I could have done without having to replace the hot water cylinder but...meh. That was before a serious road crash that I walked away from pretty much unscathed. Very appreciative of modern cars today.
  4. What did you learn from it? Some days the bear eats you, some days you eat the bear (I knew this already but it stands up to repetition). 
  5. At the end of these next 6 months (31st December 2022), what would you have liked to achieve? An overseas trip to England to see Irene Purdy and my cousin, Christine. Irene turned 100 during the last year while travel restrictions ere happening as covid-19 was rampant so Jacky and I have an itch to scratch.
  6. What word or phrase will guide you for the rest of the year?  Follow your bliss (that's for every year).
Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: