Saturday, April 5, 2014

Master of the house, doling out the charm (From Les Miserables)

I love Seinfeld. Again - this is not news, I'm aware of that.

I've started watching it again from Season One - I think Jade and I last did this when we were living in Stratford so it's past due. Unfortunately Jade isn't home these days to share this experience, and SWMBO doesn't get Seinfeld so I'm watching a few episodes each day before school when she's asleep.

After a shaky pilot (billed as The Seinfeld Chronicles) it quickly got into a more natural stride and gave hints of the greatness to come. Season One was quite short - only five shows.

I'm currently in Season Two (thirteen shows) and I've laughed out aloud during every episode so far (and I know these episodes well - trust me!).

There were some iconic Seinfeld moments in Season Two: I had a pony (The Pony Remark); Elaine's father and Jerry's monologue about fathers - The hell with the world, I can make my own people (The Jacket); I'm never eating here again (The Busboy); thin ice George - very thing ice (The Baby Shower); the George rendition of a Les Mis song (also in The Jacket); my mothers making a roast o potatoes (The Statue); maybe the dingo ate your baby (The Stranded); and you know we're living in a society (The Chinese Restaurant) are only a few.

This clip from The Chinese Restaurant episode in Season Two tells you all you need to know about why I love George Costanza, Jerry Seinfeld and the show itself.

The comic timing by Jason Alexander is superb. My laugh aloud moment - George beckons Jerry over and says after a pause - If anything happens here, can I count on you?




Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: