Sunday, September 2, 2018

Living in the past (Jethro Tull)


Wie geht's?

These posts are always a snippet of my past - you read them just after I've written them, after all. Closest I can get is my immediate yesterday. So...

It started off with some Face Time with Jade and Samantha. Modern tech meant our three locations and time zones (UK, USA, NZ) were all in split screen on my phone for an hour.

What a world we live in eh?

It was great to connect and see my beautiful girls and William and chat.

Following that, our plans were to jump a train into London for the day - maybe see a show, maybe the Picasso exhibition at Tate Modern, maybe FOPP, maybe a walk around Hyde Park, maybe a film, maybe dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe.

Que sera sera.

After lunch at Paul's we checked out Trafalgar Square. Our realtor had suggested The Play That Goes Wrong, I was also keen on The Mousetrap (it's been going for 66 years and every time I touch down in London I have a vague urge to finally see it), and SWMBO advocated Matilda The Musical.

The only show that we knew we weren't going to see was The Lion King - we made a promise that we'd only see it with Jade and we stick to our promises!

In the end we found good tickets for a 3pm Matilda and off we went (we both hugely enjoyed that experience).

Along the way I visited Waterstones and found a copy of The Choice - an autobiography by Edith Eger. The Observer piece on her that I'd read on the train going in was profoundly affecting and I had to find a copy.

More on Edith next time. 

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: