Sunday, September 23, 2018

Good times never seemed so good (Neil Diamond)


Wie geht's?

This post was going to outline my views on GB under the spell of Brexit, or the LOML and my visit to the state rooms at Buckingham Palace.

But our friends, Patrick and Randy, knocked those two aside with a phone call around 2.30pm on Sunday. They were at the Emirates, in a director's box, and had a spare ticket!! Did I want it?? How soon could I get there? 

The 4.00pm kick off meant I had to get my skates on. 

A walk to Caterham station and the resulting replacement bus service to Purley, a train to Victoria, the tube to Highbury Islington and a brisk walk to the Emirates saw me catch the last ten minutes of the first half and all of the second.


Typically these days, the first half of Arsenal games can be tactically astute and steady (okay, boring). Such was the case yesterday, but two quick goals in the second spell had us up man-hugging and joyous!!

At one point, as I was basking in the north London sunshine at Emirates with us up 2 nil, I said to Patrick that this is as good as life gets. And I wasn't kidding!

Love and peace - Gooner Wozza

No comments: