Thursday, September 6, 2018

I've been driving all night, my hands wet on the wheel (Golden Earring)



Wie geht's?

The shock of the new! Driving conditions in England can be demanding.

It's all coming back to me as I slowly readjust to the language (dual carriageway, lorries, straight on, etc), the narrow roads, the patience required, the incomprehensible descriptions of better routes by friendly colleagues, the awareness of parked cars, the narrower than narrow roads, double decker buses, the double flash of lights indicating give ways, the even narrower than narrow roads, and the round abouts (although the roundabout from hell in Purley still gives me heart palpitations).

It's only a five minute drive from Caterham (where we live) to Kenley (the school) but it's still enough for me to long for the trains that we use on the weekend.

Love and peace - Wozza

P.S. absolutely brilliant end of summer weather so far - warm enough but not too hot, rain on my first day greeting students, blue skies. Loverly.

No comments: