Sunday, December 2, 2018

Don't ever let anyone steal your dreams (Dexter Yager)


Wie geht's?

Walking towards The Emirates on the weekend, I spied a HiFi shop on Holloway Road. Bartletts HiFi to be precise.

With LOML egging me on, I walked out with some great new kit - Denon amplifer, Edwards turntable and some classy speakers. 

So, now I needed to find a vinyl copy of Abbey Road. My quirky ritual for any new stereo set up (moving house for instance) is to play my vinyl copy to test the sound.

Can't beat that moment when needle hits vinyl and Come Together rolls out its magnificence.

Chaldon Books and Records had a second hand copy for 30 quid but I figured - new stereo equals new copy. Luckily, yesterday, Fives on the Broadway in Leigh-on-sea had a fresh, remastered edition for 22 pounds. 

Back of the net.

Love and peace - Wozza

P.S. The Arsenal walloped Spurs 4-2 in the afternoon to cap off a perfect day!

No comments: