Tuesday, March 9, 2021

It's ok to be sad (Mary Chapin Carpenter)

Photo by kilarov zaneit on Unsplash
Wie geht's?

The title of this post comes from her song of the same name (on her latest album - The Dirt And The Stars).

The rest of the song's opening verse goes like this:

It's ok to be sad, it's alright to be lonely

You won't always feel bad

Somebody told me

The album's lyrics pretty clearly detail some recent bad times for Mary. As she sings -  all broken hearts break differently.

I really like the song -  It's Ok To Be Sad. She sums things up by saying, 'These feelings like weather, they come and they go.'

I guess we all have those moments. 

I often get blindsided. 

It could be by a colleague's comment (as it was this week), or a song lyric (usually it's that), a storyline on a television programme, a line in a novel, a poem, or a phrase someone says. Anything. 

And I'm back inside myself.


It's ok to be sad sometimes.


Love and peace - WNP

No comments: