Sunday, November 14, 2021

Life is a rollercoaster, just gotta ride it (Ronan Keating)


Wie geht's?

Is it just me or do you also see increasing numbers of glitches in the matrix?

We live in challenging times, do we not? I sometimes feel like I'm experiencing a really bad dream but I keep waking up and this seems to be my reality.

Gone are the 'be nice to each other' messages as Covid-19 retightens its grip - a half-nelson I feel.

There are protests, roadblocks, border checkpoints, patrols, inducements to get vaccinated and test test test and recriminations.

I see Kiss bassist Gene Simmons has called the unvaccinated 'the enemy'. 

I can't do that - some of the unvaccinated are my friends, but there is the argument posited about that the unvaxed pose a potential risk to themselves and others (so, me).

It seems that both sides of the argument around vaccination can't see the other side's point of view.

The Auckland borders (another glitch - I still find it hard to believe there is such a thing as a border in NZ) are about to open and the consequences of that are pretty plain and grim.

Already cases have crept to our Central Hawke's Bay doorstep as the weekend saw reports of cases in Woodville - a little town about 40 minutes away on our way to Palmerston North, on our side of the Ruahines.

So it won't be long before it's everywhere in Nu Zild. It's inevitable, as Smith says in The Matrix.

Me? I'm still going to attempt to play nice - even though I share some of my fellow Kiwi's frustrations. I really don't want to think of my fellow Kiwis as enemies. As Yoko Ono says - try not to be angry, it is not good for your health.

Life is very much a rollercoaster - especially in 2021 NZ.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: