Tuesday, November 9, 2021

That was 'I Dig A Pygmy' by Charles Hawtrey and the Deaf-Aids! (John Lennon)


Wie geht's?

The Beatles Get Back book was supposed to be released back on Oct 15 but it was delayed, delayed, delayed.

I kept ringing Whitcoulls because I figured they'd get it the same time as the online providers and I'd rather buy local if I can. So, I kept bugging them. And bugging them.

Eventually, on Monday I figured enough was enough so I searched for it on The Book Dispository, Fishpond and Mighty Ape - all of which I've used successfully before. 

Mostly the price was $90, although the highest was $143 for some reason (on Mighty Ape I think). Okay - but the delivery times were all 15 plus days away - from around Nov 26 onwards.

So again, I looked for it on the Whitcoulls site. They had it for $90 and were promising a 3 to 10 day delivery.

This is stoopid I thought - so I rang them figuring if it was only 3 days, they should have a copy soon at the Hastings store.

I rang and the shop assistant said, "Just a sec, I look it up on the computer". A few minutes drift on by and she comes back all bright and breezy and says, "We actually have a copy! We'll hold it for you".

"I'll be right there", says I - a nano second later - I'm handing over my loyalty card and getting $5 off the purchase price!

Jolly hockey sticks! At last!! 

I exited the shop (masked of course) holding the book aloft with two hands, punching the air like Rocky Balboa. YEEEEES!!

Now I just need to hook up Disney Plus to my device for the 6 hour Peter Jackson extravaganza. Sheer bliss.

I hope it's easier to do than obtaining the book has been.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: