Monday, February 28, 2022

Always remember that you are absolutely unique - just like everyone else (Margaret Mead)


Wie geht's?

All things Covid-19 hog our thoughts these days. As most of NZ is aware - some anti-vax/anti-mandate protestors have based themselves close to the Beehive in Wellington (notice my admirable self-restraint with the adjectives there?) and claim to represent me (as a Kiwi). No thanks.

Now, I'm struggling to understand the world at the best of times but those protestors who then get Covid and must go to hospital on the taxpayer dime take the biscuit. 

Plus - Anti-Vax people are worried they will catch Covid from me (because I'm triple vaxed). Say what??

Am I once again in Bizarro world?

My beef is mainly with the news media though - there will always be unhinged people among the hoi polloi. I have to wonder how long a few nutters with tinfoil on their heads would last if they weren't making the 6 o'clock news each day. They love an audience, and unfortunately the media obliges them all too readily. 

In other news - Mr V Putin (of Russia), in a classic bully move, invades a democratic neighbouring country, then claims he's being attacked and puts his nuclear arsenal on high alert - thus ensuring a heightening of tension and the possibility of mutual oblivion.  

Sigh - just another day on Htrae (a.k.a Bizarro World).

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: