Tuesday, September 27, 2022

I'll stay with you 'til my seas are dried up (Cream)



Wie geht's?

A chance conversation during dinner at Joe's Garage in Christchurch recently has resulted in my reconnection with sport on TV.

I was in Christchurch for a series of meetings and I'd asked my District Principal pals if they had Sky Sport and how much they paid a month for it.

Quite a lot was the answer. In the past, my forever problem with Sky was that I'd get it for sport and we'd never watch anything else really (Would I Lie To You being an expensive exception). 

But Arsenal have started the season well, the NFL season has just started, and the World Cup in Qatar is on the horizon (kicks off November 20 - happens once every four years) - so I'm motivated.

During the conversation Sky Sport Now was mentioned - via an app I could have just sport and I can watch on my phone or on my home TV via my device and an HDMI cord.

All for $40 a month. Oh baby!

That means I can now watch the English Premier League (we're playing Spurs this coming weekend - please boys!), England slog through to relegation in the Nations League via a loss to Italy (Italy! Who failed to make the World Cup), the Steelers lose to New England Patriots (that one was really painful), but balancing all that - the ABs smashed Australia, retained the Bledisloe and won the Rugby Championship after a horror start to the competition. That's more like it!!

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: