Sunday, October 2, 2022

Hey boys, I think I'm getting old, sitting by the fire when the weather is cold (Hamilton County Bluegrass Band)

First of Rocktober 2022. Cake by DLG.


Wie geht's?

Pop quiz: What do these people have in common?

Caroline Kennedy, Stephen Fry; Spike Lee; Sid Vicious; Melanie Griffith; Frances McDormand; Wozza.

You got it - all celebrated their 65th turn around the sun in 2022. Well, Sid didn't as he died along the way but you get my drift.

Yes! The day has arrived when I've reached that age when NZ considers me a senior citizen. Quite sobering really. Especially when my mother-in-law calls me with advice on the Gold card benefits. Thanks Pat. I appreciate the thought (main takeaway - Google 'Gold card').

If I wanted to, I could retire from work, stay home all day listening to records and reading books. Hmmm.

Sounds good, but then, what would I do on my weekends? Actually, weekends would disappear.

I'm sure there will eventually come a time, but in the meantime - thanks but no thanks. Work is how I roll. I still love my job and while that's happening I hope to remain gainfully employed.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: