Thursday, October 20, 2022

The road we're travelin' has been unravelin', sunny days were never meant to last (Molly Tuttle)





Wie geht's?

Currently, I'm feeling uninspired by the book I'm reading and the television show I'm watching. It's a bit of a slump, a meh period.

I realise I'm not going to love everything I read or watch - same with music, but I need to feel inspired from time to time.

The book is Tom Sharpe's Wilt, the TV programme is Quantico on Disney+.

Partly the problem with TV is that streaming's voracious need for content has meant a dilution of quality. Take a look at all those shows on Netflix and Disney+ and all the other platforms. Scary.

The problem with music is that pretty much everything is now available to us on Spotify and so it's much harder now to find the diamonds on the soles of the shoes.

Rotten Tomatoes is a good place to check critical receptions of movies and TV shows. The 46% audience score was a warning, but the 70% indicated hope so, I loaded it up.

Quality is interesting - it's in the eye of the beholder and so every individual's concept of quality is on a different continuum. To know you like something means you have to experience the meh from time to time.

Seems to me a lot of 'product' is in that middle ground. That 46% is spot on.

That's where I am now with Wilt and Quantico (Jacky seems to be liking it so we'll persist). With Wilt I'm waiting for something to happen and it better happen soon because Dicken's Martin Chuzzlewit is nudging my arm.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: