Monday, January 1, 2024

Ring out the old, ring in the new (George Harrison)



Wie geht's?

It's a new year! The pages in my three key daily texts have returned to page one again.

I have started every day for the last few years by reading 366 Days with Wisdom (Venerable Master Hsing Yun) and The Daily Stoic (Ryan Holliday). When I can, I also read the day's entry in 365 Days with the Saints (Carol Keely-Gangi).

Yes, I get wisdom from where I find it.

Here's what each of them has for their January 1st entry:

366 Days with Wisdom  

Each day one needs to speak kind and gentle words.

Each day one needs to do what is beneficial.

We are successful only when we begin today.

The Daily Stoic

The chief task in life is simply this: to identify and separate matters so that I can say clearly to myself which are externals not under my control, and which have to do with the choices I actually control (Epictetus).

365 Days with the Saints

Mary of Nazareth is today's saint.

From Mary, we learn to trust even when all hope seems gone (Pope John Paul II).

And away we go...

Love and peace - Wozza


No comments: