Saturday, January 6, 2024

Yes, I told you that the light goes up and down, don't you notice how the wheel goes 'round? (Cream)

Jan 2024 to-be-read


Wie geht's?

I'm not making much of an impression on my to-be-read pile am I?

That's because I keep buying new books that take my fancy and even reading a book a week isn't denting the book tower.

It has made me compare that pile with one I had a year ago (pictured right) and while I've read the vast majority of those, I'm ashamed to admit that there are seven books common to both piles.

You're bound to have spotted them, but for new readers, they are:

  • Elton's Me and the Jaggar bio 
  • Roderick Random
  • Anne Tyler - Ladder of Years
  • Emerson and Murakami
  • Dicken's Bleak House

So, my new mission is to read those seven in the next six or seven weeks. Just need to finish my current two first - Laurence Fearnley's Room, and Billy Connolly's Rambling Man (good combo that - Room is thoughtful and sobering while the Big Yin is hilarious).

A stunning January resolution, I think you'll agree!!

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: