Wednesday, April 3, 2013

There's a mockingbird singing songs in the trees, singing just for me (Barclay James Harvest)

I've just finished 7 days of relief teaching at Woodford House and I've loved it.

I'm in my element in the classroom. I'm not sure exactly what that phrase/cliche means.

Let me put it this way - I got home from school last Tuesday, it's a 30 minute drive, so it was about 6pm by the time I grabbed a drink and headed out onto the deck at home - slight autumnal features - liquid blue sky about to go down in a fiery red sunset; slight breeze moving the few yellowing leaves off the trees, and I remember wondering 'when was the last time I was this happy?'

The thought/feeling kinda blind sided me and I felt self indulgent and great at the same time. It was a fleeting moment - those kinds of feelings tend to be like a movement in your peripheral vision. When you try to deliberately isolate it, it's no longer there.

Autumn often puts me in that kind of mood and the day of teaching had left me tired and fulfilled.

People at school have been asking me if I have any regrets. No. I tell them.

I don't.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: