Tuesday, August 5, 2014

If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong (Groucho Marx)

It's August! Already??

I seem to be doing these monthly quotes from my 2003 calendar with alarming regularity. 

The one on my August calendar is on the right, although to be pedantic it reads "Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life" (Burton Hills).

Burton Hills seems to be remembered for his quotes and little else - nothing doing bio-wise on google.

August means that July 26 has come and gone. As all who know me (or read this blog) know that was dad's birthday. He would have been 86 years old.

Last year I wrote a poem to remember the date and 'the posterity post' is an old favourite of yours.

Groucho's humour was a big part of Graham's life but ironically dad wasn't the jovial sort. He loved The Goons and The Marx Brothers movies for their intellectual craziness but he wasn't the sort to tell jokes and laugh out loud a lot.

Oddly he didn't connect with Monty Python as my generation did, even though they were similarly anarchic in their comedy.

I believe he was happy though and that's important isn't it. 

Happy birthday dad xxx 000

Me and Ross, having fun in the snow with GNP
(photo by Dulcie)
 

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: