Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The love you take is equal to the love you make (The Beatles)


Having been accused of some grumpiness and curmudgeonliness lately, I wondered this morning, as I pootled along in the Purdsmobile school wards (it's a 40 minute commute so I can ruminate until the cows come home) about the things that make me smile and feel a lovely warm rosy glow at the moment.
Here's five!!

1 Opening the fridge at work and finding milk for my tea. It's something I can sometimes take for granted (when nothings there, there's hell to pay from the staff!).

2 Music: 40 minutes is easily enough time for a CD. This morning it was The Best Of The Guess Who and I sang and beamed and bopped along to American Woman, No Sugar Tonight, Bus Driver, Share The Land and the rest.

3 The sunrise and the hills on my right as I drive in. The view just after Waipawa from a rise in the road is particularly wonderful.

4 Painting the house. WOAH! "Hold up", I hear you say - "You hate painting, Wozza!" Well yes I'm not a huge fan but...but - I love the new paint look. We're painting the house at present and getting rid of the yucky yellow and replacing it with a soothing neutral cream is a great feeling.

5 SWMBO: I watched a great TED talk recently (it'll be on this week's Jewels For The Thirsty blog so watch out for it) about how happiness is aligned to your key relationship. Thanks LOML!

No comments: