Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Well, I'll never be a stranger and I'll never be alone, wherever we're together, that's my home (Billy Joel)

21st April 2021 at Nola's Cafe in Waipawa

Wie geht's?

Birthdays of friends and family (Jeanette, Jacky, Sallie, Nita) and anniversaries come thick and fast in April each year and so, naturally, I write about them a lot when they roll around (just use the search in the column next door and you'll see what I mean).

Here's a summary of the anniversaries:

  • April 3 - My grandmother (Ma) 's death in 1974
  • April 9 - My brother's wedding to Lynda in 1988
  • April 18 - My parents' wedding in 1953
  • April 21 - Jacky and Wozza's wedding in 1984
  • April 23 - My mum (Dulcie) 's birth in 1930
  • April 25 - Margo's death in 2018

Anniversaries are curious things. We all have these personal signposts/markers of notable events in our lives.

If I overlayed anniversaries from history then mine would become invisible, however, my personal collection of anniversaries mean more to me than anyone else and certainly more than any historic ones (April 3 was also when Edward the Confessor was crowned King of England in 1043... see what I mean?) 

Happy anniversary Jacky and thanks for the past 37 years for allowing me the pleasure, the privilege of being your husband.

Love and peace - Wozza


No comments: