Monday, June 20, 2022

Pull it out, a paper sleeve. Oh my joy, only you deserve conceit (Pearl Jam)





Wie geht's?

A record fix hasn't happened for a while, and then like London buses - two (potentially) come along all at once.

On Saturday I travelled to Palmerston North for a record fair. These are always interesting events as a bunch of like-minded people come together for a few hours in the single pursuit of vinyl. 

These days, not just guys like me either (white, middle class, male, of a certain age) but youngsters looking to start their collections. A young 13 year old girl next to me bought her first album - ABBA as it happened, while I was picking out some late period Joni Mitchell albums. Great stuff for both of us!

Ninety minutes later I emerged from the bowling club venue with eleven albums, a few of them recommendations from fellow punters sifting through bins beside me, a few yarns with old campaigners and even a couple of bargains.

Then, a few days later I'm in Auckland for two days of meetings bisected by a trip to Real Groovy Records at the top of Queen St. in the CBD.

Because their regular vinyl collection is readily available on line, I concentrate on the ten dollar bins - looking for bargains. 

I got there at 4.55pm thinking I had a good hour to browse them before meeting an old buddy, only for the girl at the door to tell me that they were closing in 5 minutes!!!

What the? Turns out they have 'winter hours' and close at 5.00. Yer what????

Winter hours!? 

Not a happy customer! Poor form Real Groovy!

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: