Monday, March 4, 2024

The mystery man got nervous an' he fidget around a bit (Frank Zappa)



Wie geht's?

After finishing Ladder Of Years on the weekend, I picked up the next two on the overdue reading list: Mick Jagger (Philip Norman) and Bleak House (Charles Dickens).

I think these two will go together well. Jagger has always seemed like a Dickensian character to me (especially of late). There is, after all, a lawyer named Jagger in Great Expectations!

I've also been playing Hackney Diamonds (The Rolling Stones album released last year) on high rotate. It's brilliant and Mick's voice is uncannily unchanged after 60 years of performing.

How does he do it? I am hoping that Mr. Norman will give me some clues.

First revelation - Michael Philip Jagger was born on July 26th, 1943. My father was also born on July 26 (a few years earlier). Two more unlike people would be hard to find!

I am totally engrossed. I usually much prefer autobiographies but that seems very unlikely in Jagger's case, but this biography is superb.

Love and peace - Wozza


No comments: