Saturday, August 29, 2026

Well, I tumble outta bed and stumble to the kitchen, pour myself a cup of ambition (Dolly Parton)



Wie geht's?

In her lifetime, Dolly Parton sold a lot of records and to a wide range of folks. Yes, even to me*, someone whose country corner of the collection is quite small. There wouldn't be too many people without any knowledge of her music or films, or presence. She touched a lot of lives in a positive way.

She was larger than life as something about her personality meant she appealed to millions of people from all walks of life.  

Even though she clearly and outrageously embraced flamboyance, artifice and excess, her core personality - honesty, integrity, loyalty, shone forth. That's some trick.

The TV One network news started their daily bulletin with a 15-minute tribute that included live reporting. Extraordinary.

R.I.P. Dolly Rebecca Parton.

Love and peace - Wozza

*Back in the day I bought a copy of Nine to Five on 45rpm.

No comments: