Monday, August 10, 2026

You often meet your fate on the road you take to avoid it (Goldie Hawn)

Photo by WONSUNG JANG on Unsplash


Wie geht's?

Growing older has its benefits.

Ryan Holiday (who is 39) is one who has acknowledged the positive changes that come with greater maturity: One thing I've noticed? I am calmer. I am quieter. I argue less. I get upset less. I admit I am wrong more often. 

This is wisdom, Epictetus said. Getting in fewer fights, letting more things go, focusing more on what you control. A smooth flow of life.

That's all groovy and all when you're under 40, until time flies and you become completely reliant on a caring helping hand to get through the day and night.

Recently, I visited some aged care facilities (not for me, I hasten to add) and I do not want to be someone who is wheeled into a dining hall in a recliner chair for lunch, thank you very much.

It's a bugger getting old.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: