Saturday, June 21, 2014

Whenever I'm in trouble, won't you stand by me? (Ben E. King)

Germany 4 Portugal 0
England 1 Uruguay 2

These ones lived up to my pre match speculation but really I can't take any credit. Germany to beat Portugal by many? Ronaldo to sulk and pout? England to capitulate to Suarez and Pirlo? Not hard to call was it?

The deluge of goals in the cup this time around has been awesome. It took ages for a nil nil draw between Nigeria and Iran to roll around and it came as a shock -   I'd gotten used to every game being a goalfest.

The England game yesterday sadly went to script as England (like Spain ) now can't advance from the group.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Four more years. Let's hope it's Russia in 2018 that they can fulfil their potential!

And Ronaldo? At least we're spared his shirt off Champions league win pose.

Meanwhile - time for another dose of People Are Awesome 




Love and peace - Wozzinho

No comments: