Friday, June 27, 2014

Like a square peg in a round hole (Be Bop Deluxe)

Alright - the group stages are over and time to review my initial picks for the round of 16.  

Group A: 1 Brazil / 2 Mexico 
Group B: Spain (1 Holland) / 2 Chile 
Group C: Ivory Coast (2 Greece) /  (1) Colombia 
Group D: (2) Uruguay / Italy (1 Costa Rica) 
Group E: Ecuador (1 France) / 2 Switzerland 
Group F: 1 Argentina / Bosnia (2 Nigeria)
Group G: 1 Germany / Portugal (2 USA)
Group H: Russia (2 Algeria) / (1) Belgium 


So I got 9 of the 16 teams right and I got 6 of the 9 right in terms of where they finished in the group. Not too bad really. 

The groups were tight and the football WAY better than I had hoped for so I'm pretty happy really.

My predictions for the round of 16, for what they're worth, are next.

Brazil V Chile
Colombia v Uruguay
France v Nigeria 
Germany v Algeria
Holland v Mexico
Costa Rica v Greece
Argentina v Switzerland
Belgium v USA

I love the World Cup (you know it) but I especially love the knock out stages - no strategy at work apart from WIN. No away goals shenanigans - just WIN, at all costs - WIN.

Just like heaven.

Love and peace - Wozzinho

No comments: