Monday, June 8, 2015

I say hello, hello hello (The Beatles)

So The Virgin Way is been and gone. He's an ideas man is Richard Branson!


No wonder he likes this Steve Jobs quote:
Creativity comes from spontaneous meetings, from random discussions. You run into someone, you ask what they're doing, you say "Wow" and soon you're cooking up all sorts of ideas.
So now I'm onto Mark Lewisohn's first volume of All Those Years - his massive Beatle history, called Tune In (840 pages of text plus notes and index equals a 946 wonder filled document for the ages).

At some point I should explain my obsession with all things Fab but for now I'm tuning in to Mr Lewisohn. I bought this some time ago - it's one of those books I dread starting coz I know I'll become consumed by it and not want it to end. 

The guy is a Beatles expert par excellence. I've read a lot of Beatle books in my time but in one footnote on page 19 he gives me three wonderful, hitherto unknown, facts:
In 1916 Paul McCartney's family bought a piano from Nems music store - not yet owned by the Epstein family. Paul bought the piano back in 1981 (it had previously been sold). Paul's dad self taught himself the piano despite being deaf in one ear (as a child he fell off a wall behind his house at 3 Solva Street, Liverpool).
Stunning! Thanks Mark!

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: