Thursday, December 15, 2022

Don't know where I'm going 'cause I don't know where I've been (Prince)



Wie geht's?

Being in Dubai for a few days last week reminded me of our times living in Doha and Al Ain.

For instance: the taxi journey to the airport was with a lovely Pakistani driver, who asked me and Jacky where we were from. 'NZ', we said. 'Ar - Kiwis', he said.

Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi taxi drivers in the Middle East love to talk about the NZ cricket team. Their encyclopedic knowledge of players and results always astounds me.

During the journey this taxi driver told me that I looked like Shin Wah.

'Shin Wah?' I said. 'I'm not sure who that is'.

'Yes, Shin Wah. Australian cricketer'.

The penny dropped. 'Arh - you mean Shane Wayne'.

'Yes!' he said - 'Shin Wah. Even your hair is the same'.

'Oh', I said, 'but he was very handsome'.

'Yes', he said. 

'Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!' I said.

Love and peace - Wozza (a.ka. Shin Wah lookalike)

No comments: