Tuesday, December 27, 2022

You really got me (The Kinks)



Wie geht's?

There are so many stories from our adventures in London during the last week but I must share this one about the bookshop on Upper Street. Not a Waterstones, a small independent one called The Book Warehouse, around where the Mountain Warehouse is on that map. 

I always seem to pick up a great book every time I visit, and for bargain prices.


While Jacky nosed around some of her favourite Upper St Stores, I browsed around in the bookshop and found Marc Myers' Anatomy Of A Song


The sticker price indicated that it was only 5 quid (reduced from 11 pounds) so, while I did have notes in my wallet, I decided to use the change in my pocket that had built up.

I counted it out for the shop girl, however, I was 60p short - but the shop girl smiled and said, "No problem, that's fine".

Wow. When does that ever happen these days?

So, I walked away with a great book at a great price and a happy face thanks to one simple casual act.

I love Upper Street, Highbury/Islington.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: