Saturday, December 3, 2022

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for? Get up, get out, get out of the door (Grateful Dead)

Photo by Arturo Castaneyra on Unsplash


Wie geht's?

A recent toe injury has disrupted my pursuit of a 10,000 step-a-day goal.  

I stoopidly dropped some wood on my left foot's big toe while working inside an empty chimney breast, stoopidly, without shoes on my feet.

At the best of times, collecting 10,000 daily steps is harder than you'd think. On a work day, I need to walk at lunchtime and do another meaningful walk to get to that goal. My youthful female colleagues concur with that as they also need two lengthy activities to get to their goals. 

Most work days I don't make it. Usually it's close - around 8,000 to 9,000.

Weekends are easier as I'm explained before, as Jacky and I have got into a good walking routine. Or we had done.

Yes, my stoopidity has set me back. For a week I struggled to put a shoe on, and even had two days off work.

This last week has been slowly but surely better and, although my pace is off, I did do my first 10.000 step day on Friday.

We have one week left of school and then we head overseas, where I'll do a lot of walking. Hopefully I won't be hindered by the injury.

Love and peace - Wozza

No comments: