Wednesday, May 3, 2017

That weren't no D.J. that was hazy cosmic jive (David Bowie)



I've always been fascinated by astronauts and their journeys to the moon. I'm not sure, but I think it started with The Jetsons. I could really relate to Elroy and loved all those speedy rocket cars. 

The Jetsons with Astro.
The word 'astronaut' is so evocative too. My mind would freefall.

Anyway, the fascination culminated in 1969 when my dad tuned in to the Apollo 11 landing on the moon via radio (NZBC wasn't up to the bizness of broadcasting it live back then) and we listened in wide eyed fashion.

Now this - a film about Apollo 17 - the last time we visited the moon, popped up on one of my Walrus Gumboot news feeds.

It's a great little film - take a look...


The Last Steps | A Really Great Big Story from Great Big Story on Vimeo.


(Seth Godin takes over: 


And then we got bored!
Six missions after Apollo 11 amazed the world by going to the moon, Apollo 17 was the last trip.
It fell off the cultural radar. Flying to the moon, driving around and getting back safely wasn't interesting enough, apparently.
 
And the miracle of the internet, which connects billions of people, instantly, is something we all take for granted after less than a generation.
Is it any wonder that your magnificent Facebook post or clever tweet isn't racking up ever more likes?)

I like Seth. He makes sense and he writes succinct pithy posts. They overflow with pith!

Sadly we had to say goodbye to Mo and Bottle - actually, on the same day I posted that last post. His real owner turned up - ironically, our lovely neighbour. She thought they'd flown away and joined a flock of Lorikeets.

Then she hear them squawking at our place.

Love and peace - Wozza 

No comments: