Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Men's shirts, short skirts, woah oh oh (Sh-wanna Ma-twar)

I try hard not to include in-jokes in the blog but I couldn't resist the one in the title (only the kids will get it).

This post should really go on the music blog but it relates to family experiences so, what the hell.

Every family has its quirky shared history and Shania Twain's Come On Over tape is certainly part of ours. Yes - I wrote that correctly - tape. Jacky has a limited musical interest. She knows what she likes and what she doesn't like (99.9% of my music for instance).

Somehow, from somewhere, someone in the family bought her the Shania Twain tape. I know it was a tape because it was on endless repeat in the car cassette player during 1997-1998 (it felt like decades).

Keegan, Adam, Samantha, Jade, SWMBO, and I know these songs backwards, forwards and sideways.

Why am I mentioning this?

I bought a Greatest Hits collection the other day and have been playing it ever since.

I told Jacky it was for her, and it was, but I also thought it would be fun to hear these songs again. And it is, because I am instantly back in the family car driving around Auckland (we were living in Mt Albert) and throughout the north island on family trips in our Mitsy Chariot.

I can't let this post go by without a clip to take us back to the nineties.



Sifr and salaam - Wozza

No comments: